Saturday, May 30, 2009

Makeup Traincase

So let me start off by saying that I don't do makeup for a living. So it's actually kind of pointless for me to get a traincase as (a) I don't need to transport makeup to other locations, (b) I have way too much makeup and no traincase would be able to contain them all, and (c) I don't travel much and when I do travel, I prefer to travel with little makeup.

It's curious that I am lusting after makeup traincase. I have absolutely no need for it. But I WANT it. I NEED it.
I am trying to rationalize it. It is my life long dream to go to makeup school, even though I currently do not have the time for it. So I am trying to reason that it will come in handy when I finally go to makeup school, god knows when that will happen, if at all.
But the one that got my attention is this one from MAC ($279USD):

I love that it's a washable, soft bag housed in a rigid metal frame. Washable being the operative word. I hate it when bags get scummy.
But then I did a little bit more research about the company that makes this bag (Zuca) and I found on their website that they actually offer many different styles of bags that you can customize yourself.
The idea of these bags is pretty neat. The bag and the frame are bascially changeable. So if one gets dirty, you can actually swap it out and wash/replace it. So it is totally customizable.
The Sports line let you pick your own frame and bag. So the combinations are endless. I had quite a bit of fun with the website and I basically make a super preppy pink and green version. However, the Sports line does not include insert pouches, so you`ll need to order your own.
The Pro line comes in either Black or Pink. The included insert pouches are not meant for makeup; they're for clothes. But you can order the makeup pouches from their accessory section. The makeup pouches are clear top, so that you can see what's inside. They're also easier to wipe down (if it gets dirty).

And then there`s the ``Artist Collection``, which is basically the Pro version with clear top pouches. The price is actually more expensive than the MAC version. This one is $295USD! But I love the fact that in comes in PINK. I love love love PINK.
I WANT IT! OK, I need to find an excuse to buy this.... =)

No comments: